August 21, 2009

Bush White House Lied? So What Else Is New?

Former Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge, who served as head of homeland security for the Bush Administration, has written a book, The Test of Our Times: America Under Siege...and How We Can Be Safe Again. In this book he reveals that the Administration's political agenda was actually on higher alert than the nation's security. In essence, the Administration fomented false terror alerts to enhance the Republican balloting for the 2004 election.

Shazaam! No way!

Way.

Not like lying to the American people in order to garner votes and/or support was a novelty. ***Rubbing chin. Insert flashback music here*** Hmmmmm? Robert McNamara's Vietnam mea culpa comes to mind.

I'm sure if I put my mind to it, I could think of bazillion more examples throughout our checkered American history.

But, for now, Ridge's revelation is not only nothing new to those of us who knew this to be the case back when Dubbya's snarky laugh echoed through the White House, but now all I can think of is...................Dubbya's snarky laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda,
    I agree! Big deal.

    Chris Matthews, on MSNBC - whom I don't like, but I look at once in a while to see what he's talking about - is all over this book.

    Like intelligent people didn't already assume they did this.

    ReplyDelete

You don't have to be a blogger to comment. Or choose to sign as "Anonymous" or "Leave Your Name".